Forums  ›  Characters  ›  Saphira II

Saphira II

*****STICKY NOTE*****

N/A

Saphira II

I would like the anime series “Shur’tugal” to focus more on Saphira as her own character.  It will be a subtle change.  The main plot of the series is going be about Saphira fighting for her freedom and the freedom of all future dragons and Eragon is there to help her with it.

For this post I will not go into the additional problems of the way dragons are treated in the inheritance cycle or their biology; however I will say for this project Eragon and Saphira are going be a unified team and that Saphira is NOT going be instantly wise from ancestral memories.  Please go to the Dragon section for further clarification. 

Saphira has a positive outlook on life and and is courageous.  Saphira is happy, playful, loyal, smart, protective, and wants to learn.  She is a little bit of a know-it-all (even if she isn’t always right) and holds herself to a moral code.  She can be a little aggressive/reckless at times.

Saphira relationship with Eragon is happy, playful and caring.  Saphira is positive and courageous and like Eragon loves to explore and learn.  While Saphira can be reckless she is not as reckless as Eragon, she usually thinks a little more before she acts.  She is protective of Eragon and often stops him from doing something stupid.  Eragon is reckless because he doesn’t think everything out first vs Saphira who is reckless because she is impatient or is too quick to anger.  Eragon on the other hand is slower to anger.

Saphira was the closest to free when growing up with Eragon far away from the empire.  She and Eragon have happy blissful memories together because there was a small amount of time that they were a little sheltered from the bad things in the empire and the war.  Eragon’s family was very poor so Saphira helped out around the small farm or cabin and would hunt/fish in the woods with Eragon.  I am not sure if Garrow will be aware of her existence or her size but she will probably help out by plowing in place of the horse they do not have, herding/rounding up chickens, catching fish while playing in the lakes with Eragon, hunting rabbits, etc and thus will be a big help to the family whether she is known or unknown.  She loves them because Eragon loves them.  She and Eragon bound during these experiences, play fighting, and things like that neither one of them knew their mothers.   Saphira was a little sad because before she learned to talk Eragon did not always realize Saphira was his equal despite loving and caring for her. That mistake was quickly overcome though and Eragon and Saphira become equals.   As Saphira grows she starts to sense something is wrong and wonders about what happened to the rest of her kind.  I am not sure if she learns about the fall of the shurtagal soully from eragon or if she learns of it through ancestral memories as well.  However she feels the need to free her race.  She desires to become a mother of free dragons. Saphira fighting for her freedom and the freedom of all future dragons.

Forums  ›  Characters  ›  Saphira II